Saturday, May 23, 2009

Record breaking!

So I started my extra top secret project, I have to say I am very pleased with the first try. I bought some cheap records from this local record shop I frequent (one of them turned out to be a Foreigner one). The one I used tonight was a underground rap group from Miami. The single mentions the word black so I rolled with that. I went off this song from The Sword called "How Heavy This Axe", which is amazing. It's these black metal skeleton warriors with broad axes in the middle of a thunderstorm (cause it's been raining non-stop here in Tampa).

What did I learn?

White out = Ink
Ink = "Black" out
I have to get some dip white out or white opaque ink to do my next ones. I have some gruesome idea's in my head for the other two I am working on.

I also finished my second (or maybe first) piece in that 1860's series of illustrations. I am really happy with it, it looks great, I may not ink it, I may ink it, I know I am framing it.

For now I am out, going to lay down, play some Warriors Orochi 2, watch some Hulk and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment